About Me

My photo
I am a USC Trojan studying communication and marketing and I love the color purple =]

Friday, April 15, 2011

World's Coolest Emotional Billboard

Ding Ding Ding DING….what is that you ask? Well it’s your alarm clock, wake up it’s Friday! Well don’t just lay there, get up! Hop in the shower, get dressed, and come with me because I have something interesting to show you…I’ll be waiting in the car. Don’t forget the two blue plane tickets sitting on top of your dresser. We’re going to need those. 

Ah…so nice of you to join me! Where are we going you ask? We’re taking a quick trip to the Holland Tunnel in Manhattan of course! I saw the coolest billboard there the other day; you have to see it. By the way, I booked a hotel and everything so you don’t have to worry about anything, just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. Oh! I also forgot to ask, how do you feel today?

No really, how do you feel today? Are you feeling sad? Confused? Happy? Glad? Angry? Well you better make your mind up quick before we get there!
Quick, grab your iPhone, open the GoldrunApp on your phone and take a look to your left!!! You see the billboard? Isn’t that neat? “A billboard with emotions.” I have to tell you, that billboard is one sweetheart, it wants to know how you are feeling today.

http://adweek.blogs.com/adfreak/
This billboard was created by Tronic and put up by ADstruc, an auction and listing-based marketplace for outdoor advertising Once you have the application open, you can select from a variety for emoticons to show how you are feeling today. Once you decided the facial expression of your liking, you can send it to your friends. All you have to do is hold it up and capture the billboard with your camera.

With the abundance of social media and the every changing market, companies have to alter the way they reach out to their audience. They need to get rid of all push strategies and adapt push-pull strategies. Nowadays, people want to interact with brands and allowing consumers to interact with advertisements is genius! Frankly, this billboard made my day. Unfortunately, I do not own an iPhone (one day hopefully I will) and I’m sure there are many that do not so that limits the number of consumers that can actually get to experience the joy of telling everybody “how they’re feeling today!” 

I am not sure how successful this billboard campaign is or if people are aware they need to download an application in order to make magic happen but over all I think this is a great idea! Advertisers need to find new ways to get their message through the consumers’ minds past all of the clutter and distractions including other advertisements whether they are eye-catching or plain spam messages.

Ads like this would work great in magazines as well. Ladies, imagine an application that allows you to scan an ad of your favorite designer then allows you to put together your favorite outfit and send share it with your friends…! Not only will they know exactly what to buy for your birthday but you can learn about new trends and store offerings! There are endless possibilities of what applications can do nowadays but it is very important to keep in mind that interactivity is extremely important and it can lead to brand loyalty. Campaigns like this one can be used as great retention as well as acquisition strategies!
 

 Oh how I love this billboard, and in case you were wondering…TODAY I’M FEELING 





Thank you very much for joining me, I hope you had as much fun as I did! Now that I had the chance to share one of the coolest billboards with you, I have to run to a very important meeting. 

TTFN, ta ta for now!

P.S. I put your hotel key in your wallet. Have a great weekend my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment