About Me

My photo
I am a USC Trojan studying communication and marketing and I love the color purple =]

Friday, October 28, 2011

It's Not Just a Robbery, It's Payback!

Universal Pictures is releasing a new movie, Tower Heist on November 4th. I am so excited because it’s one of the first movies I had a chance to help with at my internship. I think it is going to be a hilarious movie because it’s starring Ben Still and Eddie Murphy. I really enjoyed the site set up for the movie. Nowadays a company almost cannot create a campaign without including social media. Social media is a great way to interact with consumers and generate buzz. I really love the movie’s site because they incorporate Twitter and you can read the tweets as you are roaming through the site. My favorite part is the interactivity. The website has an 8-bit game that I got to play for the first time today and it just helps enhance the movie. They are starting a 2-way dialogue using their social media account and engaging in conversation with followers. You can even get the Tower Heist theme for your personal social media account! I think they are taking marketing to another level because they are not just pushing information at site visitors rather they are taking advantage of the 2-way dialogue. I also think the movie campaign is creative because they even have a Facebook game! You can play and create the Ultimate Heist Crew. I have learned a lot about marketing and the importance of creativity from this campaign. I can't wait to see the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment